Neighbourhood Development Plan – Headline Results of Survey
These results apply to Freathy responses only.
Traffic through St John
- 78% considered traffic will increase and 70% believed this would be a significant problem for the village.
- 63% thought that the current speed bumps etc. were not effective enough and that additional measures would be required.
- Chicanes and of course alternative routes were heavily favoured.
- 83% thought there was a traffic problem along Military Road and 89% favoured parking restrictions on Military Road.
- 48% said that they used buses and 47% said that the service was adequate.
- Very evenly split over whether the letting restrictions should be altered, 27% yes, 30% don’t know and 36% no.
- Large majority 62% wanted the Article 4 planning restrictions simplified, with 37% don’t know and 0% no.
Toilets in Whitsands
- Large majority 71% would like to see some public toilets in Whitsand Bay, 29% did not.
- 87% were not interested in an allotment.
- 85% used local footpaths and there were many requests for better signage and improved maintenance of surfaces, gates etc.
- 74% were in favour of RE and 47% were against a Wind Farm in the Parish, with 31% in favour and 22% don’t know.
- Also 52% think that wind turbines would spoil the Rame Peninsula.
- 62% support other forms of RE including Wave/Tidal/Energy from Waste and Offshore Wind.
- 64% wanted improved public transport but 59% were against further housing, industry or tourism development.